"Equipping scientists and scholars with the information infrastructure best suited to meeting their research needs is the guiding principle of this priority initiative."
Excerpt from the guiding principles of the Priority Initiative
The Priority Initiative "Digital Information" is a joint initiative of the Alliance of Science Organisations in Germany aiming to improve the provision of information in research and teaching.
The initiative is pursuing the goal of the Alliance of Science Organisations,
- to guarantee the broadest possible access to digital publications, research data and other source materials and thus ensure that they can be used in other research contexts
- to create an optimal framework for the international distribution and reception of German publications and research data
- to ensure the long-term availability of the digital media and contents that have been acquired from around the world and their integration in the digital research environment
- to support IT-based research by means of innovative information technologies and digital methods
After a successful first phase 2008-2012, the Priority Initiative "Digital Information“ will be continued in a second phase 2013-2017.
The two guiding principles provide information about the priority areas and the implementation strategies:
- FAQ zum Zweitveröffentlichungsrecht. March 2015 (Only available in German.)
- Positions on creating an Open Access publication market which is scholarly adequate. February 2015
- "Research Data at Your Fingertips" - A Position Paper by the Research Data Working Group. February 2015
- Allianz der Wissenschaftsorganisationen zum Urheberrecht: Entfristung von Paragraf 52a UrhG nur ein Zwischenschritt – Allgemeine Bildungs- und Wissenschaftsschranke muss kommen. December 2014 (Only available in German.)